Dry Climate Formula – For use during dry climate months
As with any of our products, there is no right or wrong way to use. What we have found is that the best way is to clean off excess dirt or mud. You can use this product on a wet or dry hoof and do a thin layer in all of the crevasses and a thin layer over the sole. We use this product to remove any bacteria and or fungus, and it also can be wrapped to draw out abscesses and bruises. This is a great packing agent to help reduce sore feet from long hauls. I also love using this product after competition to help reduce swelling after runs in not ideal ground situations or just as a preventative for long weekends. As we all know, both can cause a lot of hoof pain. It is very easy to wash off boots, or you can pack a small amount in the hoof and place the hoof in shavings to hold it in the hoof, or take a few wraps with plastic wrap and/or vet wrap for a cleaner application. Slide on hauling boot of choice or use alone.
How to Apply:
Hoof Clay is applied to the bottom of the horses hoof quite easily. First you want to pick the hoof and inspect it. At this point it is a good idea to use a wire brush to knock off the finer particles as well ruffing up the sole and frog. NOTE if your frog is highly infected it’s better to irrigate the inflamed area versus using the wirer brush! After this step you are now ready to apply the clay! Start with a pinch of product and work it into the frog and sole area. Add as needed. YOU ONLY NEED A THIN LAYER. I found that when applied heavy you just waste product… Set the hoof down and go to the next!
- Bentonite clay – removes toxins and reduces the effects of toxins on the skin, aids in the
- reduction of inflammation due to toxins; antibacterial properties; provides minerals such as
- calcium, magnesium, and sodium to the skin
- Vitamin E – Antioxidant, helps remove destructive free radicals, repair damage and moisturize
- Rosemary oil – pain relief, bug repellant, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory
- Peppermint oil – pain relief, anti-microbial
- CBD (Cannabidiol) – pain relief, anti-inflammatory
- Borax – trace mineral, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and anthelmintic
- Witch hazel – Astringent, anti-inflammatory
- Water – the fluid of life. We use it to get to the proper consistency
All of our products are human grade, but not intended for human use, and haven’t been proven safe or unsafe in pregnant mares.